For over 33 years in the consulting engineering profession, JSA has gained extensive experience and established strong working relationships with individuals in both the public and private sector. The following are a mix of some of our most notable and recent projects:
City of Sioux Falls Engineering Department
- 69th Street from Vineyard Avenue to Sycamore Avenue
- Sycamore Avenue from 57th Street to 69th Street
- Benson Road from I-29 to Marion Road
- PCCP Pavement Repair on 41st Street from I-229 to Louise Avenue
- Basin 15 Sanitary Trunk Sewer Phase 2B
City of Sioux Falls Parks and Recreation Department
- Spencer Park Bike Trail Improvements
- Yankton Trail Park Bike Trail Improvements
- Tomar Park Basketball and Tennis Court Improvements
- Lewis Park Basketball and Tennis Court Improvements
City of Canton
- Reconstruct Dakota Street from US Hwy 18 north to Lynn Avenue
- Community wide Sidewalk Assessment
- Canton Industrial Park
- Minnehaha County Highway 149 from 254th Street to Colton, SD
- Minnehaha County Highway 149 from SD Hwy 34 north 5.7 miles to 254th Street
- Structure Replacement for existing county bridges
- Gun Range
Land Development Projects
- Sanford Sports Complex – Sanford Health
- Dawley Farm Village – Lloyd Companies
- Cherry Lake Reserve – Van Buskirk/Cherry Lake Development
- Sycamore Springs – Ag Lab Express
- Mystic Creek – First Choice Development
- Timber Oak Estates – Van Heuveln Development
Site Development Projects
- Sanford Pentagon and Fieldhouse – Sanford Health
- Dublin Square Apartments – Lloyd Companies
- Huether Family Center Court – Sioux Falls Tennis Association
- Animal Health – Jansmick
The JSA survey staff is composed of knowledgeable personnel who work closely with the design staff to ensure seamless coordination between the field and office for your project. JSA has considerable experience completing land surveying services in the following areas:
Topographic surveys are essential to produce a 3-D model of the site for engineering design or providing more accurate information for preliminary project estimates. JSA uses the latest GPS equipment and software to deliver an accurate representation of your project.
Whether you want to put up a fence or subdivide, a parcel of ground, JSA can complete it. A current boundary survey will confirm property lines and allow parties to resolve any issues which may appear.
JSA offers quality ALTA/ACSM surveys for projects of any size. The most up to date standards set by the American Land Title Association will be used to conduct the survey and develop “Table A” items and “Schedule B” items.
Flood Elevation Certificates
JSA can conduct a survey to provide a FEMA Elevation Certificate to certify your property’s elevation as needed for flood insurance or as part of some mortgage processes.
Whether you are subdividing a single lot or platting a large subdivision, JSA has the background to guide you through the platting process. JSA will prepare a plat containing all data required to conform with local planning ordinances.
Mortgage Surveys/Residential Staking
Lending institutions usually require a survey showing the location of the structure associated with the loan in relation to the property lines. JSA has furnished mortgage surveys for a wide range of buildings.
Construction staking involves translating a design on paper and locating it horizontally and vertically on the ground. From highway projects, drainage structures or sporting facilities, JSA can meet your construction staking needs.
As-built surveys will provide you with all improvements to a property at a given time. JSA can confirm for lenders that structures do not cross over boundary lines, and verify the actual location of underground utilities.
JSA can conduct a field survey and prepare an exhibit to show the area of land which entitles others besides the land owner that may have a right to use, as stated in the recorded easement.
The first step in constructing any structure is setting stakes to establish the foundation footprint in the proper location relating to subdivision regulations and zoning setbacks. No matter what the size or the complexity of your building, JSA has the experience to complete your staking needs.